Gas Diffuser – A High Efficiency Gas-Liquid Mass Transfer System
Control dissolved gas concentrations all the way to thermodynamic solubility limits:
- Bubble-less gas exchange
- Precise carbonation/decarbonation with simultaneous deaeration
- Mixed gas (CO2 + N2) racking for producing nitro beers and “cask-conditioned” ales
- Oxygen and trace CO2 removal for corrosion control in boiler feed-water treatment, ion exchange and reverse osmosis systems
Our Gas Diffuser is an efficient gas-liquid mass transfer unit designed for controlled addition or removal of various gases (carbon dioxide, air, oxygen, nitrogen, etc) to or from aqueous liquids. Gases are instantaneously dissolved at a molecular level without creating bubbles into liquid streams. Near thermodynamic equilibrium solubility is accomplished at small liquid flow rates while greater than 95% approach to theoretical solubility limit is possible at flow rates up to 1 gpm (3.7 Lpm).
QuantiPerm Gas Diffuser Advantages
- Hydrophobic, microporous hollow-fiber mass transfer device achieves gas dissolution or stripping in a bubble-free manner
- Small footprint made possible by superlative mass transfer efficiency.
- Carbonate chilled water to up to 7 v/v at 1 gpm (3.7 Lpm) flow rate, while simultaneously removing 98+% of dissolved air.
- Prepare carbonated water bottles for accurate package shelf life testing.
- Remove > 99+% of dissolved gases for applications such as boiler feed- water and reverse-osmosis/ion exchange pretreatments.
- Deoxygenate oxygen-sensitive products prior to processing or packaging for enhanced shelf life (e.g., beer)
- Simultaneously nitrogenate and carbonate specialty beers to produce specialty beers
- Minimal power consumption
- Minimal purge gas usage
QuantiPerm Gas Diffuser Specifications
|Operating temperatures||320F (00C) to 1250F (520C)*|
|Liquid flow rates||0 to 2 gpm (0 to 7.2 LPM)|
|Gas flow/purge rates||Degassing all gases except CO2 : 0-10 scfh (0-5 slpm) typical|
|Operating pressures||Gas: 55 psig (3.8 bar); Liquid: 100 psig (6.8 bar) maximum|
|Power||110 Vac 60 Hz, 3A maximum|
|Dimensions||24in W x 10in H x 15in D (610mm x 255mm x 395mm)|
|Weight||Approx 65 lbs (30 kg) approx.|